You can use granite for your kitchen because such granite countertops are sturdy, durable and easy to clean. There are various kinds of granite stones available of which salt and pepper granite is finding its way into most homes and buildings. As the name suggests, it is a combination of white and black colors.
Salt and Pepper Granite Come in Variations
- White ornamental granite comes in off white shades with grey or brown patches, and it is mostly used for flooring or fireplace hearths.
- Valle Nevado granite which combines white and black patches, is mostly used for kitchen backsplashes or countertops. It gives a more of a grey and subdued look.
- Luna Pearl granite which combines white, grey and black, is also used for kitchen countertops, islands, backsplashes or vanity tops. This has a pearl-like sheen and elegance.
- Bianco Catalina granite is also used in kitchen or bathroom cabinets. It is sleek and durable, and you can replace your wooden cabinets with such granite stones. Having said this, one needs to be careful of spillage of any kind of chemical or citrus juices as this could cause stains. As granite is a porous material, it can accumulate oil and stains. You need to use proper sealers for your granite and you must reseal your granite every year.
- White alpha granite is mostly used in bathrooms to give a virgin or immaculate look. It is used for shower spaces, bathtubs, vanities, and also floors and walls. The white background with tiny spots of grey gives it an unsullied look.
Why Would you Choose Salt and Pepper Granite?
#1. Versatility: Salt and pepper granite is used by most interior designers these days due to its versatility. It suits most kind of decors and colors. It creates a warm tone as compared to other materials, and it is available at affordable prices. Thus, people like it more compared to marble or grey and black granite. Salt and pepper granite can also be used in gardens, poolside’s, driveways and so on.
#2. Maintenance: The salt and pepper granite are easy to care for due to its speckled nature. When you look at plain surfaces like dark or black stones, dust or marks can easily be seen. On the other hand, if you choose salt and pepper granite, such marks are rarely visible, and thus it is easy to maintain. It doesn’t have issues with staining or porosity.
This granite can endure any kind of weather. These days most countries are experiencing varied climates and weather conditions, and thus the salt and pepper granite is the best option for your outdoor locations. It can withstand extreme rain, wind, cold, or heat. It is a dense rock and can thus be used in high traffic areas as well as work areas. It can also be used for exterior walls or interior accents.
Characteristics of Salt and Pepper Granite That Make It Popular:
- It doesn’t stain easily
- It is tough and stable
- It comes in various styles thus giving it an artistic look
- It doesn’t blister or chip off easily
- It can be used in kitchens or hot areas as it is quite resistant to heat
- It is sold in forms of tiles, slabs or pavers and thus makes it easy for construction processes
- It doesn’t depreciate easily
- In construction projects, salt and pepper granite can actually add value to the property.
It is mostly the salt and pepper look which complements any kind of structure. It gives your spaces more texture and gives warmth. It is a great decorative element, and since it comes in various colours and textures, its usage can be different.